Stainless steel is used in an almost endless number of applications and industries like:
- Building exteriors and roofing:
- Automobile components (exhaust, trim/decorative, engine, chassis, fasteners, tubing for fuel lines).
- Chemical processing plants (scrubbers and heat exchangers).
- Pulp and paper manufacturing.
- Petroleum refining.
- Water supply piping.
- Kitchen equipment manufacturing (Kitchen cabinets/ exhaust hoods, cookware).
- Cutlery/ scissors.
- Dental/surgical equipment.
- Consumer products like watches, kettles, knives, ovens etc.
- Marine and shipbuilding.
- Pollution control.
- Smoke Control duct work.
- Transportation (rail cars, Chemical transportation tanks).